4-Harness Warp/Weaving Workshop : Silk Place-mat
Warping Workshop on the 4-Harness Loom
Saturday, November 6, 2021
Learn how to setup a 4-harness floor loom and weave with basic weaving tools.
All materials - cotton warp and recycled silk ribbon yarn - are included.
- During the one-day group class, we will measure the warp yarns and thread them onto the loom. Everyone will get hands-on experience with each step and be able to practice a few weaving techniques.
- All the participants will schedule individual weaving times during the month of November to create their own woven piece. Plan on 2-4 hours of continuous weaving time to complete your 20”-24” length of woven fabric.
- When everyone had completed their individual sections, we will meet at the library to celebrate and remove the woven pieces from the loom.
- The individual woven pieces can be finished as place mats or sewn into pillows or other fun home decorations!
- This class is great for beginning weavers. No prior weaving experience is needed to complete this stunning, silk place-mat project.
Please pre-register online, by phone or at Spun by November 3, 2021.
Class fee: $95 (includes all supplies and materials)